Here’s the first and so far the only review of Founding Finance . It’s in Jacobin, written by Tom Cutterham, and while the mag is a lefty journal for general readers, not an academic one (happily), I’ll just say that this is the only time my efforts have been taken this seriously in a fully-informed academic context. In fact, fair warning: the review is way headier than my book!
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- "Let me quickly dismiss two common objections [to rallying for jury nullification]." Quickly, putting it mildly. motherboard.vice.com/read/aaron-swa… 1 day ago
- Simplicity itself. "It's simple: A single juror has every right to hang a jury by declining to vote to convict ..." motherboard.vice.com/read/aaron-swa… 1 day ago
- The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers. Yet more nullification-as-social-movement. (HT @MarkAmes) motherboard.vice.com/read/aaron-swa… 1 day ago
- This is bad why? "In [Perlstein] division functions not as an analytical category...but as a poetic motif." TNR on "Invisible Bridge." 1 day ago
- Wait, I can't put on dance shows on moving subway cars? When will the oppression end?! 2 days ago