Here’s the first and so far the only review of Founding Finance . It’s in Jacobin, written by Tom Cutterham, and while the mag is a lefty journal for general readers, not an academic one (happily), I’ll just say that this is the only time my efforts have been taken this seriously in a fully-informed academic context. In fact, fair warning: the review is way headier than my book!
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- Thanks to Jon Stewart, my #WhiskeyRebellion book is flying off the shelves! #not 1 hour ago
- RT @RESullivanJr: A pleasurable (and even redemptive) rant that ends up on the #WhiskeyRebellion on.cc.com/1pumrN2 @WilliamHogeland #w… 1 hour ago
- I guess nailing Hannity antifederalism may be worth flurry of progressive high-fiving Washington for strongarm tactics in #whiskeyrebellion. 8 hours ago
- But, man, it's good to see the Fox right nailed for weepy, faux-patriotic antifederalism. #whiskeyrebellion 8 hours ago
- And nether Whiskey Rebels nor Shaysites were anti-tax. They were anti regressive taxes supporting bailouts/payoffs for the 1%. 8 hours ago