Upcoming event (way upcoming): On April 17, 2013, I’ll be speaking in Kansas City on founding American conflicts over debts public and private, foreclosures, etc. Co-sponsored by the KC Fed and the KC Public Library. Should be lively … Details to come.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- What anarchists have going for them may be lack of interest in "restoration of old-fashioned Fordist capitalism." s-usih.org/2014/04/left-b… 1 day ago
- "saving capitalism from aristocratic revanchism": That's left? Not just liberal? I.e. anti-left? s-usih.org/2014/04/left-b… 1 day ago
- Interesting and to me problematic piece on the current left by @sadbillionaire: s-usih.org/2014/04/left-b… HT @HartmanAndrew. 1 day ago
- Elites (I mean the 20%) are so used to passing time in ironically hyperstylized environments they don't notice it any more. 2 days ago
- Virtually all trace of the French and Spanish was bulldozed from St. Louis. stlmag.com/St-Louis-Magaz… 2 days ago