Upcoming event (way upcoming): On April 17, 2013, I’ll be speaking in Kansas City on founding American conflicts over debts public and private, foreclosures, etc. Co-sponsored by the KC Fed and the KC Public Library. Should be lively … Details to come.
Tags1776 Alexander Hamilton American history American independence Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress Declaration of Independence Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood historiography James Madison John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Miranda rights music occupy Wall Street Pete Seeger populism religion and the founders right wing Samuel Adams socialism Tea Party television Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whiskey Rebellion William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- RT @ftrain: What happens when you call off a brand engagement? Who keeps the impact? 12 hours ago
- She can always be counted on. @Peggynoonannyc: We are in the midst of the worst Washington scandal since Watergate. online.wsj.com/article/SB1000… 3 days ago
- Powerful insight. "The bartender usually has a place setting ready to lay before you, and you can drink in comfort until the food arrives." 3 days ago
- NYRB Salter essay closes by quoting a banal S. passage on the benefits of dining at the bar and calling S. one of the greats. WTF. 3 days ago
- "Dive, thoughts, down to my soul. Here Clarence comes." SparkNotes: "Oh, time to hide what I’m thinking—here comes Clarence." 3 days ago