Upcoming event (way upcoming): On April 17, 2013, I’ll be speaking in Kansas City on founding American conflicts over debts public and private, foreclosures, etc. Co-sponsored by the KC Fed and the KC Public Library. Should be lively … Details to come.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- RT @MarkAmesExiled: "Islamic State is such a weak combat force that it could not take a small town 25 km from its base of operations" http:… 23 hours ago
- Scarry, whom I've long admired, seems to be among those who think the Constitution is clear as a bell on key issues. bostonreview.net/us/elaine-scar… 1 day ago
- RT @matthewstoller: I wouldn't write off Jim Webb for President. Longshot, yes, but if he adopts a populist antitrust-themed message, he co… 1 day ago
- RT @billmckibben: What could possibly go wrong? WV to allow fracking beneath the Ohio River, which supplies drinking water to millions http… 1 day ago
- RT @ftrain: If you want to find a miserable person who feels like a hypocrite, find someone who started their dream job six months ago. 2 days ago