Upcoming event (way upcoming): On April 17, 2013, I’ll be speaking in Kansas City on founding American conflicts over debts public and private, foreclosures, etc. Co-sponsored by the KC Fed and the KC Public Library. Should be lively … Details to come.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- "...when I played high school basketball, we were not allowed to cross the center line..." oldestvocation.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/cro… 10 hours ago
- RT @OldestVocation: Women cross the center line, hallelujah #titleIX @espnW @EspnWomen @ESPN_WomenHoop @arthsusie @Da20one @karalawson20 ht… 10 hours ago
- I wish the academy would go back to sucking the life out of high culture and leave my vernacular alone. 12 hours ago
- RT @ProfDaveAndress: If anyone ever doubted that debt is the underpinning of the modern state: UK govt pays off South Sea Bubble bonds... h… 13 hours ago
- Breaking: Bklyn hipsters go back in time, save Goya sign. 23 hours ago