Upcoming event (way upcoming): On April 17, 2013, I’ll be speaking in Kansas City on founding American conflicts over debts public and private, foreclosures, etc. Co-sponsored by the KC Fed and the KC Public Library. Should be lively … Details to come.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- "Kerry...condemned whomever is responsible": USA Today. #grammar 14 hours ago
- "the Red Scare, like the Cold War itself, had liberal fingerprints all over it." @notjessewalker: reason.com/blog/2014/04/2… 1 day ago
- For us Brooklynites who miss the days of big, steaming piles of dogshit: the Barclay Center! #design #inspiration 1 day ago
- The newspapers, they all went along for the ride. 2 days ago
- RT @dmandl: @WilliamHogeland If you’re referring to the NYT’s coverage of the Piketty book, it’s been embarrassingly bad IMO. 2 days ago