Pennsylvanians: I’ll be on “PA Books,” PCN TV’s author-interview show, on Feb. 24, 2013. Taped it last month, one hour, unedited — Brian Lockman, head of PCN (the C-SPAN of Pennsylvania!) has long been a great supporter and interviewer, and I seem to recall the discussion going pretty well. If I can, I’ll get it on YouTube so people outside PA can see it.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- RT @JeffSharlet: Here's Webb w/ greatest scoop of 80s & 90s & C-Span, & viewers, want to talk about Monica Lewinsky. The implicit racism is… 1 day ago
- This "War and Peace" is an awfully good book. 1 day ago
- This Parenti piece on Hamilton in @jacobinmag is totally wrongheaded in such a disappointingly banal way. jacobinmag.com/2014/08/readin… 2 days ago
- RT @HerecomesDrBob: @jacobinmag I can see Hamilton's appeal to liberals, but to the left? 2 days ago
- Blows my mind that Paris Review, with its great legacy of interviews, has one with Matthew Weiner by someone who works for Matthew Weiner. 3 days ago