Pennsylvanians: I’ll be on “PA Books,” PCN TV’s author-interview show, on Feb. 24, 2013. Taped it last month, one hour, unedited — Brian Lockman, head of PCN (the C-SPAN of Pennsylvania!) has long been a great supporter and interviewer, and I seem to recall the discussion going pretty well. If I can, I’ll get it on YouTube so people outside PA can see it.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress Daniel Bergner David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams journalism left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- Noting, as I sort of must, that there were always what we now call two Americas doesn't have to mean it is or ever was okay 17 minutes ago
- Everything Toobin says in the current NYorker about what went on at the constitutional convention is wrong. This being Twitter, that is all. 1 day ago
- Adam Smith: The rulers...have...amused the people with the imagination that they possessed a great empire on the west side of the Atlantic. 1 day ago
- RT @Choostas: @CoreyRobin @WilliamHogeland I don't think they sound quaint actually. I think they sound blisteringly harsh & damning. 1 day ago
- RT @CoreyRobin: Reading the articles of impeachment against Nixon this morning. They almost seem quaint. watergate.info/impeachment/ar… 1 day ago