Pennsylvanians: I’ll be on “PA Books,” PCN TV’s author-interview show, on Feb. 24, 2013. Taped it last month, one hour, unedited — Brian Lockman, head of PCN (the C-SPAN of Pennsylvania!) has long been a great supporter and interviewer, and I seem to recall the discussion going pretty well. If I can, I’ll get it on YouTube so people outside PA can see it.
Tags1776 Alexander Hamilton American history American independence Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress Declaration of Independence Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood historiography James Madison John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Miranda rights music occupy Wall Street Pete Seeger populism religion and the founders right wing Samuel Adams socialism Tea Party television Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whiskey Rebellion William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- RT @ftrain: “Far from just being a PC move, including black people in the Mad Men universe makes sense in the context o/history.” http://t.… 38 minutes ago
- RT @Chapinc: The true genius behind The Doors has passed away: Bernie Stupak, the marketing guy who somehow convinced people to buy Doors r… 6 hours ago
- RT @JohnFea1: Why Harvard Hates You: Jonathan Rees is on fire.Using Springsteen's version of "John Henry" as a lead in, he e... http://t.co… 6 hours ago
- Magnate Leland Stanford inspires innovation at postmoderrn Stanford. Rees on John Henry, the steam drill, MOOCs: moreorlessbunk.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/har… 6 hours ago
- More artful if If Draper just had a stoical dad who drank and beat him, like so many kids of his generation. salon.com/2013/05/20/mad… 1 day ago