Pennsylvanians: I’ll be on “PA Books,” PCN TV’s author-interview show, on Feb. 24, 2013. Taped it last month, one hour, unedited — Brian Lockman, head of PCN (the C-SPAN of Pennsylvania!) has long been a great supporter and interviewer, and I seem to recall the discussion going pretty well. If I can, I’ll get it on YouTube so people outside PA can see it.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- RT @executedtoday: Henrician England: "Good Lord! How do these people live? Here are papists hanged, there are anti-papists burnt!" http://… 4 hours ago
- Invoking pity and terror not via spectacle but via relatability,: that's the decisive, even heroic achievement of melodrama. #alldonenow 1 day ago
- Like there's a way in which the best stuff has never been in the @IraGlass sense high-quality at all. 1 day ago
- Most of what most of us do as storytellers is nothing but "relatability"--at the highest levels we can achieve. But that's not all there is. 1 day ago
- Ira Glass's calling Shakespeare not relatable raises old, to-me interesting questions about the nature and purpose of narrative and drama. 1 day ago