… recorded giving a talk at the Kansas City Public Library back in April. C-Span 3 is a channel I don’t get, so I assume many others don’t get it either. The show can be streamed at 9PM here: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/. Also tomorrow afternoon.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- I will never make pie crust any other way than @SamSifton's, in his Thanksgiving book. Third year in a row, no tears (homonym). 1 day ago
- RT @saramayeux: it's a great triumph of Progressive-era sociology that ppl talk as if there's "the criminal justice system" instead of 51+ … 1 day ago
- In 140 char.? My "Founding Finance" (in libraries) sez it all! MT @TheMaxWhite What's your take on Brown's "Beard and the Constitution?" 3 days ago
- This piece on Sharpton suggests Whiskey Rebels were generally anti-tax--my work, which it cites, to the contrary. m.nationalreview.com/article/392992… 1 week ago
- Next, "Law & Order": RT @dancharvey Fitbit data is being used as evidence in court ow.ly/Er6TC 1 week ago