… recorded giving a talk at the Kansas City Public Library back in April. C-Span 3 is a channel I don’t get, so I assume many others don’t get it either. The show can be streamed at 9PM here: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/. Also tomorrow afternoon.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music founders Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jesus Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- Like sunshine. @GroverNorquist: The Left ... [hates] coal because it is abundant in the US.If it was rare it would be the only good fuel 5 hours ago
- RT @titivil: Jesus what if there was social media during Kent State 1 day ago
- RT @BrentSirota: @WilliamHogeland Conserving? Reverting, perhaps. Customary order was already gone, eg. assizes of bread already defunct in… 3 days ago
- RT @BrentSirota: @WilliamHogeland 'Moral economy' essay says bread riots became intolerable 1) with spread of classical political economy 2… 3 days ago
- Or: riot was *always* in support of conserving customary order. Then came a historical process in which we now construe it as revolutionary. 3 days ago