… recorded giving a talk at the Kansas City Public Library back in April. C-Span 3 is a channel I don’t get, so I assume many others don’t get it either. The show can be streamed at 9PM here: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/. Also tomorrow afternoon.
- 1776 Akhil Reed Amar Alexander Hamilton American history American independence American roots music Barack Obama Christianity Christine O'Donnell civil rights colonial period conservatives Continental Congress Daniel Bergner David Grann David Samuels Declaration of Independence digital technology Douglass Adair Edmund Morgan education evangelicals federal judiciary finance folk music Founding Finance Garry Wills George Washington Glenn Beck Gordon Wood Grover Norquist historiography James Madison Jesse Lemisch Jill Lepore Joan Baez John Adams journalism left wing liberalism liberals liberty Marxism Miranda rights music New Deal occupy Wall Street Pennsylvania Pete Seeger poetry populism protest Puritans race radicalism religion and the founders right wing Robert Morris rock and roll Samuel Adams Second Amendment socialism social media Tea Party television Thomas Jefferson Thomas Paine Twitter U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court Whigs Whiskey Rebellion William F. Buckley William Hogeland Woody Guthrie
- Somewhere else Lemisch says, just in the course of making a larger point, "that right-wing hysteric Daniel Boorstin." 3 hours ago
- "Boorstin responded, 'Jess, those are nice sea stories, but why do you have to talk about class?'" s-usih.org/2013/12/stevek… 4 hours ago
- "To cure this condition [Jewishness], U of Chicago instituted a euphemistically named 'Small Town Talent Search.'" s-usih.org/2013/12/stevek… 4 hours ago
- Jesse Lemisch great as always--in the course of a moving tribute--on 1960's academia and radical politics: s-usih.org/2013/12/stevek… 4 hours ago
- RT @HartmanAndrew: Jesse Lemisch on legacy of Steve Kindred (in what he calls a different approach to intellectual history). http://t.co/Xy… 9 hours ago